The 2016 Farmer Veteran Stakeholders Conference brings together leaders of government, agriculture, and farmer veterans to create and extend solutions to assist US military veterans establishing their careers in agriculture. The Conference will include tracts in Livestock, Cropping, Bees and other Beneficial’s, Business and Continuing Education – as well as farm visits.
Please click here for the Exhibit Booth reservation form for Michigan-based Organizations
- To foster collaboration between all groups, public and private, that assist in the effort to help military veterans transition into agriculture
- To identify federal and state government programs to assist veterans entering into careers in agriculture, including programs achieved through the collaboration of departments
- To understand how working with plants and animals and producing food is therapeutic to those dealing with post-traumatic stress and/or traumatic brain injuries
- To develop achievable pathways into viable careers in agriculture for U.S. military veterans, particularly those with limited resources or experience
- To build awareness and support for the Homegrown by Heroes label, and to leverage marketplace differentiation to assist those whose farm businesses were delayed while serving their country.
November 30 – December 2
November 30 – December 1
Registration: (Early-bird Special: $50 off each registration September 1-29 – the discount will show at checkout)
Full session $400
Thursday session including hosted dinner $200
(Scholarships are available for FVC veteran members. Click here to complete the application.)
Standard Exhibit Booth Space: $1,000
Nonprofit Exhibit Booth Space: $700
For questions, please contact Julie Neithercutt at email@example.com